Friday 11 March 2011

Weekly Blog Hop II



Follow Friday is hosted over at Parajunkee's blog!


This week's question is: 

Who are You the Boy/Girl, instead of You the Blogger?


Well I'm Caitlin, I'm 21 and I'm in my final Semester of University in Liverpool. I study philosophy and I'm writing my dissertation on Kierkegaard, who was a Danish philosopher, sometimes referred to as the father of existentialism. I only started my blog about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it! It's a great, almost productive way to procrastinate. I've found ALOT of new books through reading others blog's, which is why I started doing it in the first place-so that's great. Aside from reading I enjoy cookery shows (especially Masterchef) Criminal Minds and Grey's Anatomy. I've also recently gotten into Pretty Little Liars which I ADORE. I don't have any pets here at uni, but at home we have 4 cats and a puppy. I'm not sure what I want to do with my life yet, but when I figure it out, I'll let you know ;)

Book Blogger Hop

The weekly blog hop is hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books and this week's question is: 

"If I gave you £50 ($80) right now and sent you into a bookshop, what would be in your basket?"

Okay, well I'm gonna work on the premise that a paperback is £6.99 as I think that's the average RRP and a hardback is 12.99, again cause I think that's the average RRP.

I'd get:

Haven by Kristi Cook (hardback)
Once a Witch Carolyn Macullough (paperback)
The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge (hardback)
The Balefire Omnibus by Cate Tiernan)
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (paperback)

Okay, that comes too £46.95

If the shop had a promotion on...so one or more of the books was sliiiightly cheaper (sometimes they do hardbacks for £9.99 or less) or there was a 3 for 2 (usually is in Waterstones) I'd also get:

The Return: Midnight (The Vampire Diaries) by L.J Smith (paperback)

Yay so there we go! I wish someone really would give me £50 now =[ 

If you're hopping by, make sure to leave your own link so I can visit you back! And if you follow me, I will follow back, like I said I'm a new blogger so I love checking out people's blogs. 

20 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really want to read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, that looks so good! Haven and The Iron Thorn do too... There is so much I need to buy! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by on the blog hop. Your blog is lovely! I hope you keep up with it. It can be fun.

    You have listed some books that I am now running to look up to see if I want them. Thanks for that. hehehe

    I hope you have a good weekend!

    Kelly for Book Lover's Hideaway
    http://booklovershideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of puppy? We used to keep chihuahuas. I love them.
    To find out more about the girl behind this blogger and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Iron Thorn on my list too!

    Congrats on almost graduating!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower
    Jess@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Once a Witch which I really liked and was lucky enough to be able to read Always A Witch (it was really good). I love Caitlin Kittredge's book and i'm excite to read Iron Thorn once I get around to actually buying it. I have a cousin who goes to the University in Liverpool.

    Have A Great Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh we share common interests in shows! I looove all the shows that you mentioned! I also recently got into Pretty Little Liars :P It's so awesome.

    You have great taste in books, too! :P Though I haven't read any of them, they're all on my list on goodreads.

    I'm a new follower. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Just found you through Follow Friday, and now following, too. Congrats on being almost finished university! :)

    Feel free to stop by my blog in your spare time, www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com

    take care & happy reading,
    Ms C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Neri, I've got always a witch to read, which is why I want the first one! I really want it on kindle though.

    Justine and Ms C thanks for stopping by! I'll be visiting your blogs to repay the favour

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cait! Thanks for swinging by!


    Wow, you sound like you have a lot on your plate right now. I'm impressed that you find the time to blog! Kudos!


    Happy Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower too - as well as a new book blogger myself! Us newbies need to stick together! lol

    I see you have a review for Hex Hall, I haven't read that yet but it looks interesting by the cover and title. I think my TBR list is going to be bursting by the end of today, I just keep on adding books to it!

    Can't wait to get to know you!
    April @ my shelf confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm now following you back via FF. And I loved my college years. They were a lllloooonnnnggg time ago, but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I'm a new follower. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Lacey in the Sky with Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I'm impressed by your dissertation. I've heard of Kierkegaard but haven't studied him. I didn't realize he was associated with existentialism. I studied that a little in high school and college, so maybe I learned about Kierkegaard after all :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I`m following you back!

    I loved Jessica`s Guide to the Dark Side! One of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cait, welcome to the blogging world :) I'm still pretty new, as well, and it's always fun to find other newbies. I love love love your picks up there, by the way! Haven was on my list, too, and I want to read all of the rest of those. You've got such a cute blog. I'm following you now! I'd love it if you'd check out my blog, too. You can find me over here. Looking forward to getting to know you and your reads better in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Cait!
    Just hopping by - I'm a bit late, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to see what people would like to get and to add new books to my TBR list.

    All the books you mentioned are alrealy on my wishlist, so if I found any of them in that bookstore, I'd buy them.:D

    I'm an old follower.;)
    Happy Sunday!
    xoxo

    Deea @ Deea's Journal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cait

    I love the books that you would choose I would like to read some of them too.

    I'm a new follower^^

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. Good luck with school! How exciting to be in your final semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just hopping by, cute blog! I'm now a follower :)
    http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]