Sunday 1 February 2015

January Wrap Up




In January I read
The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
The Royal Babysitters by Clementine Beauvais

Favourite Book of January
This is a toss up between Smoke and Mirrors which I got for Christmas and LOVED! It's a collection of short stories, not something I read very often but they were so interesting and deliciously creepy. Smoke and Mirrors is tied with Arsenic for Tea which was an absolute JOY to read. I just loved every second of it, it's an easy, entertaining book and I loved returning to Hazel and Daisy's world!

Books bought in January
I did pretty well in Jan, I only bought 4 books, one of which I'd already read, 2 of which I read this month and 2 of which were secondhand from a charity shop!

I got:
The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson (which I forgot in my Intsagram post, eeek)
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfe
Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens 


Most excited for in Feb:
I am excited for a lot of things in Feb! Bookswise, The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury and A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab, both of which I've read and are amazing! Eventswise I have Mel's book launch, Harry Potter Book Night and I am going to the theatre THREE TIMES IN ONE WEEK which is just too ridiculous! It should be good.

Thoughts on January
January has been quite a hard month for me. I haven't read as much as I'd like to have read, but I'm really happy with the variety of what I've read. I've also missed home and my boyfriend after 3 weeks at home for Christmas. My boyfriend and I continued our rewatch of House (we're up to season seven now) and  I also ate a LOT of delicious dessert 



How was your January? What are you looking forward to in February?


2 comments:

  1. I loved Arsenic for Tea and The Darkest Part of the Forest! And those deserts look YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever those deserts are, they look delicious. And so jealous you get to go to the theatre three times! Yay for Artemis Fowl though, I adored that series when I was younger, though the last book was a bit of a disappointment. I love Howl's Moving Castle too. The book is awesome, but the animation in the film is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]