Wednesday 7 May 2014

April Wrap Up Post




It's May! I like May because there are bank holidays and bank holidays mean an extra reading day. Or in my case last weekend, an extra day for marathoning TV shows.

In April I read

Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (reread)
Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
Undone by Cat Clarke
Pantomime by Laura Lam
The Illusionists by Laure Eve
Speechless by Hannah Harrington (reread)
Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington
Glaze by Kim Curran

Favourite book of April

Definitely The Illusionists!! I have been waited to read this book for AGES and it did not disappoint. It was so wonderful to slip back into this world...and I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy in August :)

Books acquired in April


Bought
Adventure Island: The Mystery of the Whistling Caves by Helen Moss
Far From You by Tess Sharpe
Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham

After a pretty insane March I wanted to scale back my book-buying in April and I definitely achieved that! The first Adventure Island book and Far From You were bought with my work discount and I got the Veronica Mars book from the Book Depository. I'm reading it now and while it's nowhere near as good as the TV show, I am really enjoying it.

Most excited for in May

Quite a few things actually! We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is released this month, which I LOVED in March so super excited to get my hands on a copy. Maleficent Seven by Derek Landy comes out in paperback and I cannot wait to read that, and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare is released! Excited to finish the series that started me off blogging :)

Thoughts on the month

I'm a little disappointed in the amount of books I read in April. I was slightly prohibited by Paper Vs Pixels and you can read my thoughts on that here. April was also the month that, damn you, Jim, I started watching Dance Academy on Netflix. I watched most of the 60, 24 minute-long, episodes in April, polishing the third and final series off over the bank holiday weekend. That definitely ate into my reading time ;)

How did you do in April? What are you most excited for in May?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Dance Academy! Glad you got hooked. (Although jealous of the speed you managed to watch it at.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your post has reminded me that I think it's time I re-read Fangirl, too! The cover of Adventure Island: The Mystery of the Whistling Caves is so beautiful, too :)
    Hope that you're having a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]