Monday 31 March 2014

March wrap up post







I'm pretty happy with March! I posted some reviews & I read a decent amount of books. Here's hoping for a good April.


In March I read:

Banished by Liz de Jager
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Loki's Wolves by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong
The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Sesame Seade Mysteries: Scam on the Cam by Clementine Beauvais
Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens
Wide Awake by David Levithan
Far From You by Tess Sharpe
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira 


Favourite book of March:

Oh I honestly can't pick. I read so many amazing books in March! I can't possibly pick my favourite. But maybe, maybe if I was forced...I would say We Were Liars. But I would also have to say Far From You, Landline, Murder Most Unladylike...you get what I'm saying?

Books acquired in March:




Bought:
Trouble by Non Pratt
The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
Pure Dead Magic by Debi Gliori
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
A Love Like Blood by Marcus Sedgwick
Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin (not pictured)
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (not pictured)
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (not pictured)
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch


Gifts:
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Say Her Name by James Dawson
Boys Don't Knit by Tom Easton
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (not pictured)

Review:
Smart by Kim Slater
Dead Man's Cove & The Midnight Picnic by Lauren St John





So...I got a lot of books in March. A lot more than I thought I had. Forgive Me, Leanard Peacock, If You Find Me, A Love Like Blood and Golden Boy were all bought from our charity booksale at work for ridiculously cheap! Cannot resist. The Unbound I bought because I LOVE Victoria Schwab's books SO MUCH. Pure Dead Magic because I had them as a kid & loved them & just wanted to re-own it. Trouble, Two Boys Kissing and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender are all books I read proofs of and loved and so bought when they came out! I'm super excited for Smart and the Laura Marlin mysteries...they sound amaaazing. 


Thoughts on the month:

I'm really pleased with the books I read this month, both because of the number of them and because they were also really, really awesome reads! 

Most excited for in April:

The thing I am most excited for in April isn't a book...it's a challenge!

Laure Eve and her publisher Hot Key Books are challenging us to pick one format to read in... for the whole of April! Now, I do love my Kindle, but I've noticed lately that I've barely been using it. In fact, out of the 30 books I've read so far this year, only 8 of them have been eBooks and 5 of those were titles I read for work. That's pretty bad. So I'm taking up this challenge & reading only eBooks for the whole of April! Click on the button below for more info :)

papervspixels graphic pixels

How did you do in March? What books (or otherwise) are you excited for in April?

5 comments:

  1. That's a 'decent' amount of books for you?! Bloody hell. I wish I could read that quickly! We Were Liars is so amazing, and I can't wait to read Far From You. Also, The Diviners is amazing and if you haven't read it yet YOU HAVE TO READ IT RIGHT NOW (OR NEXT MONTH WHEN YOU CAN READ PAPER BOOKS AGAIN) IT'S SO GOOD. And good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pretty good month, I'm impressed Cait! I've heard amazing things about We Were Liars, even though I'm not entirely sure what it's about, so think I'll have to find out for myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, you read a ton of books in March - Congrats!! AND YOU READ LANDLINE!! Oh man, I want to read that one so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read a ton! That's so awesome that you loved them all too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I gotta be honest, Im not sure how you can top March. It was pretty epic. Far From You, two Levithans, Landline, Golden Boy... just so much awesomeness. Good luck with your Pixel challenge though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]