Monday 28 February 2011

New Meme! Memory Lane Monday

Hey guys

So I'm fascinated by the idea of blog memes, I've been participating in a few this week, and I decided I wanted to come up with my own! So here it is, Memory Lane Monday!


Fairly simple premise really, the idea is to post a book from your childhood/younger years that has inspired you or has some special significance etc..this can be anything! The first book you read by yourself, your favourite book your parents read to you etc. I hope you like it and you all want to take part! Please link back to my blog if you do, and make sure to put the link to your Memory Lane Monday in my comments so me and others can look!

Here's mine for this week:


Yep, it's the Little Vampire by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg! These are translated from the original German, and follow the antics of Tony, a human horror obsessed boy who meets a vampire named Rudolph in his room one night. Rudolph promises to spare his life in exchange for Tony lending him some of his horror stories! The two become friends, leading to many adventures and Rudolph introducing him to all his family members including Anna the Toothless, who has a liiiiittle crush on Tony!

I *loved* these books as a young girl, I think they were possibly what started my whole love of vampires/vampire fiction. I read the whole series from our library! Has anyone else read these? What would your first Memory Lane Monday book be? Take part in  my new meme and let me know!

Cait x

8 comments:

  1. I loved the Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton as a child. The local newsagent sold them for 17 1/2p and as soon as I had another 17 1/2 p I'd be off to buy a new one! I loved the idea of a land at the top of the tree that could be wonderful or scary. I loved the folk that lived in the tree and loved to escape into fantasy land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! The first book I remember making a huge impact on me was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. In retrospect, it led to a love of All Things Gothic, and then my own love for writing and reading paranormal fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a good idea. I might have to use this meme later this week. I still have my favorite book from childhood. It was The Getalong Gang series. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is so fun! I'm going to do this later, hopefully.

    -maddz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments guys =] I hope you do give it a go! Kim I loved the magic faraway tree too! Infact, I loved most of Enid Blyton's books!

    Thanks for stopping by Suzanne! I loved Secret Garden when I read it too, we did it at school I think =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I'll do this next Monday, thanks for taking the time to come up with something like this. :)

    One of my favorite childhood reads was The Giver, by Lois Lowry, because it was one of the first books I read that really caused me to look at the world in a new way. It also spawned a lifelong love of dystopians too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm a new follower too and my blog is really new (only 8 days old!) so I'd really appreciate if you followed me too!

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

    Thanks and I look forward to your future posts! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Cait. I will have to join in soon. I'm trying to remember some of the books I read so I can join.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]